31 Jan How much is too much alcohol?
For many of us, there seems to be an ever on-going love/hate relationship with the substance we call alcohol. Sometimes it makes us feel confident (maybe too confident), and other times it can make us hysterical, emotional, or just plain stupid.
All of the aforementioned scenarios are a result of one thing many of us tend to dismiss when it comes to consuming alcohol: moderation. When you’re young, you feel invincible. During your University/College days, it’s the “go big or go home” mentality that often endorses the need to over consume, and it’s just plain bad for you.
Now don’t get us wrong, we’ve all been there before (hungover), but knowing how to prevent hangovers is even better. It starts with moderation.
Both men and women react to and absorb alcohol differently. Based on your weight and body fat percentage, alcohol will impact everyone differently. Below you will find a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) chart that you should definitely reference.
1) Eat something prior to and/or during alcohol consumption (high protein content is good).
2) 1 drink per hour is a good pace to keep.
3) If you’re drinking alcohol, drink water or another non-alcoholic beverage in-between to stay hydrated.
4) Don’t drink when you’re on medication. It’s just not smart and adds extra stress to your liver/kidney’s. Not cool!
5) This should be common sense but…don’t drink when you’re sick (I mean…come on).
6) Before you fall asleep, get more of that tasty water in you (or keep it next to your bed). You will need it.
7) Make sure to enjoy yourself and have fun, just be smart about it!